Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons [Student Book only]
Civilisations, events, and major figures of the Middle Ages come to life as students write using IEW’s stylistic techniques and the nine structural units. These 31 lessons acquaint young learners with Charlemagne, the Vikings, knighthood, geniuses of the Renaissance, and more!
This Student Book includes assignments, blank outlines, source texts, checklists, vocabulary cards, and grammar helps for two levels of students—basic and advanced.
These lessons are designed to be used by an instructor who has been through the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar, either live or on DVD.
To purchase this book together with the accompanying Teacher’s Manual, click here.
Perfect for homeschoolers, homeschool co-ops, tutors, and hybrid schools, this theme-based writing curriculum supports parents and teachers in teaching writing to upper-elementary and middle school students (grades 5–8).
By purchasing this or any other book of theme-based writing lessons, you will automatically receive a complimentary copy of the Student Resource Notebook e-book with your order! (If you did not place your order online through our website, please check the copyright page for download information.)
• We’ve worked to make sure this new edition aligns with the updated version of Teaching Writing: Structure and Style. The biggest change is that the structural units are now presented in order (Units 1–9).
• Lessons have been revamped, some with new source texts, and checklists have been updated.
• The Teacher’s Manual now includes student pages inset, such that a teacher would only need to buy the Teacher’s Manual, not both books.
• The pace is a bit more relaxed than in the previous edition, but for older, experienced IEW students, a free download is included that adds more advanced source texts and style challenges for many of the lessons.
• The new edition is not compatible with the old (due to the changes in multiple lessons).
MHW Student Sample.pdf
Our duplicating/copying policy for this Student Book:
All rights reserved.
No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author, except as provided by U.S.A. copyright law and the specific policy below:
Home use: The purchaser may copy this Student Book for use by multiple children within his or her immediate family. Each family must purchase its own Student Book.
Small group or co-op classes: Each participating student or family is required to purchase a Student Book.
A teacher may not copy from this Student Book.
Classroom teachers: A Student Book must be purchased for each participating student. A teacher may not copy from this Student Book.
Library use: This Student Book may be checked out of a lending library provided patrons agree not to make copies.
Phonetic Zoo Budget Package [No Audio CDs Included]
Phonetic Zoo Spelling Starter Set B
Fix It! Grammar: Little Mermaid, Teacher’s Manual Book 4