Civilisations, events, and major figures of the Middle Ages come to life as students write using IEW’s stylistic techniques and the nine structural units. These 31 lessons acquaint young learners with Charlemagne, the Vikings, knighthood, geniuses of the Renaissance, and more!
This Student Book includes assignments, blank outlines, source texts, checklists, vocabulary cards, and grammar helps for two levels of students—basic and advanced.
These lessons are designed to be used by an instructor who has been through the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar, either live or on DVD.
To purchase this book together with the accompanying Teacher’s Manual, click here.
Perfect for homeschoolers, homeschool co-ops, tutors, and hybrid schools, this theme-based writing curriculum supports parents and teachers in teaching writing to upper-elementary and middle school students (grades 5–8).
By purchasing this or any other book of theme-based writing lessons, you will automatically receive a complimentary copy of the Student Resource Notebook e-book with your order! (If you did not place your order online through our website, please check the copyright page for download information.)
• We’ve worked to make sure this new edition aligns with the updated version of Teaching Writing: Structure and Style. The biggest change is that the structural units are now presented in order (Units 1–9).
• Lessons have been revamped, some with new source texts, and checklists have been updated.
• The Teacher’s Manual now includes student pages inset, such that a teacher would only need to buy the Teacher’s Manual, not both books.
• The pace is a bit more relaxed than in the previous edition, but for older, experienced IEW students, a free download is included that adds more advanced source texts and style challenges for many of the lessons.
• The new edition is not compatible with the old (due to the changes in multiple lessons).